An ELISA reader is a specialized spectrophotometer used to read the results of this technique, which is used to determine the presence of specific antibodies or antigens present in a sample. These laboratory equipment allows analyzing 96 wells or more with samples, so their use is very favorable to the laboratories, reducing reagents and samples used which leads to better performance.
ELISA is a technique based on the detection of an antigen immobilized on a solid phase, by means of antibodies that, directly or indirectly, produce a reaction whose product can be read by the spectrophotometer. This technique is used for the detection of diseases such as HIV, dengue, yellow fever, Chagas disease, among others in the field of immunology and serology, as well as the detention of hormones and tumor markers.
What equipment is required to perform ELISA tests?
In order to carry out the ELISA technique, at least the following equipment is required:
- An ELISA reader.
- An ELISA washing machine.
- A liquid dispensing system.
- A specialized incubator for plates.
Maintaining an ELISA Reader
For an ELISA reader to function properly, you need to consider the following points:
- A clean, dust-free environment.
- A stable desk. It is recommended that it be away from vibration-generating equipment (centrifuges, agitators), that has an adequate size that allows locating, next to the ELISA analyser, the complementary equipment required to perform the mentioned technique: washing machines, incubator, dispenser and computer with peripherals.
- A source of electricity according to the standards and standards implemented in the country. In American countries, 110 V voltages and 60 Hz frequencies are generally used.
What do we offer you in Kalstein?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best prices in the market, so you can make your purchase confidently with us, knowing that you have the service of a firm and committed to innovation. This time we present you our ELISA Microplate Reader YR05128. This new equipment has the following characteristics:
- 8-channel optical system, quantitative and qualitative test.
- External jet printer, multi-format patient report
- High-light long-lasting LED source > 100,000 hours
- External computer, large storage capacity for 1000 test items and 1,000,000 results.
For more information we invite you to take a look on our website: HERE